YOUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE …
We expect this website to be viewed primarily by “people on the go”. Therefore it has been designed with small screen devices in mind. So, if you are reading this on a desktop or laptop, try reducing the width of the image area. We’re sure you’ll find shorter lines are far easier to read.
Find the cheapest gas in 5 easy steps!
1 If you have GPS on your device, turn it on.
2 Enter the location you want in the “Enter Postcode or Town Name” box, then click “Find Locations”
3 A map will appear with red flags pinpointing gas sellers at or near that location.
4 Below the map, each of those gas sellers will be listed, showing address, prices and phone number.
5 Click Directions on your preferred seller, and let Google Maps take you there! Easy Done!
Click here to get started and find the cheapest gas bottle refills and swaps!
What happens if you don’t know the area and there’s a confusing cluster of red flags?
- No problem. Just scroll back to the little magnifying glass and click once on it. This icon will appear at or near the town/suburb you want.
What happens if you make a mistake?
- Well, that can be pretty funny. A misspelt name may have you trying to buy gas in the middle of some foreign country! But don’t panic … just delete what you typed and try again.
- What if no gas seller is listed for your chosen location? Sorry … as we point out elsewhere on this website … at the time of writing this, we have over 3,000 gas sellers listed. And we know they include the majority of the cheap ones. But we need your help to increase the numbers. So if you are aware of a gas retailer that we don’t have, especially a cheap one, please Click Here.
- We do list all Bunnings Stores. They are the most popular with those who like to swap their gas bottles. For swaps, Coles Express and Caltex Woolworths service stations are the next most popular. But there are more than a thousand. And to list every one is a massive job for us when it’s not really necessary. Each has its own website with a list of their “Store locations”. Click Here for our ‘Must Read’ Facts feature story.
Experiment a little …
- This website features a very powerful Google search engine. Don’t be frightened to experiment with it. For example, if you type RICHMOND in the text box, how does a computer know WHICH Richmond you mean? We are aware of five Australian States that have one! Try adding the State.
- Above all, take your time. When people say they don’t understand how to do stuff, it’s usually because they don’t take the time to read instructions, or are fearful of experimenting. If you “muck up” don’t panic … just calmly start over.
- We apologise in advance if the directions on this website are not 100% correct in every case. We do our best to post accurate information, but Google Maps controls where the red flags are placed. As you know with all GPS navigation there will be the occasional blooper. Again, we are relying on you to advise us if you uncover errors and we’ll do our best to have them corrected.
- Remember … this is a free service. It costs you not a red cent to use our co-operative based facility. So – please enjoy!